Saturday, April 9, 2011

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NYX LIP CREMES (ANTWERP AND SAN PAULO)

Here's an initial review on NYX LIP CREMES IN ANTWERP AND SAN PAULO

PRICE: 350PHP EACH
PLACE BOUGHT: HTTP://DIGITALTRAINCASE.MULTIPLY.COM
OTHER LOCATIONS: DIRECT SELLERS ONLINE; NYX WEBSITE; CHERRYCULTURE.COM

THE VERDICT:

I love matte finishes. The finish makes colors look bolder, and it also brightens up the face more due to the generous dose of color.

When I've read on blogs about NYX's lip cremes, I knew I had to get some. It's not lipstick, and it's not gloss. It's a lip creme. Sounds juicy! I was so curious that I had to get two right away.

First, let's review Antwerp.

Antwerp is a bright coral shade.

It comes in a doe foot applicator.

Here's moi wearing Antwerp. The color's a tad softer and lighter than Bobbi Brown's Calypso Coral pot rouge. I could pretty much say that this could be a dupe for Calypso Coral.

The color gives the face a youthful, and summery glow. However, it has a tendency to make teeth appear garish.

TOP: San Paulo Bottom: Antwerp

Here's San Paulo.

San Paulo is a deep rose color, which I really like.

The doe foot applicator.

And here's the super pretty San Paulo. The color makes teeth look white, and the shade is very feminine. When applied sparingly, it can serve as a tint for the lips. Layer it on to achieve a rosy pout.

Now how does a lip creme differ from the good ol' matte lipstick. The consistency is not moisturizing. It feels like you're putting paint on your lips. But I find the dry texture of the creme odd upon application. And if you have dry lips, you might want to apply lip balm first. But I do not recommend this to people with dry lips. It renders the purpose of the "soft matte effect" useless because lip balms can add moisture and shine to it. Lastly, color pay- off is softer. Yet I find it impressive that the color pay- off is still good even if appears softer when compared to an average matte lipstick.

Staying power is impressive. When allowed to settle, the lip cremes stay put. They won't budge even if you drink, smoke, or eat. A little fading might occur, but the color is not completely removed. You may or may not opt to retouch. It also has a slight butter scent that I find delectable. You can also layer the lip creme, depending on how strong or soft you want the color pay- off to be.

Overall, it is an impressive find. It's a cheaper alternative to Anna Sui's soft matte lipsticks. And it also comes in different colors. I might buy some again. But the thing that's holding me back from repurchasing is the weird consistency of the creme.

No comments:

Post a Comment